Thursday, January 23, 2014

Age is just a #

Growing up with a mom that was super blunt about whether or not I looked like a fatass in something really turned out to be helpful. Because I always tend to look past "OMG, I have to wear this because it's sooo in," to "does this piece look good on me." What pieces look good on a hanger may turn out to be amazing on your body or maybe what looks good on that size 0 mannequin won't look good on you. 

It shouldn't matter your age, if you want to fucking wear something, then wear it. AS LONG as it looks good and flatters your body. Who gives a shit about the people saying you shouldn't wear white pants after Labor Day. If you want to wear them, and they look cute with your outfit, then do it, and work the shit out of that outfit. Nothings more beautiful than a women wearing confidence. 


One of my favorite lessons my fashion teacher taught me was about shapes and silhouettes. From clothing silhouettes and how it draped on the body. I recommend anyone that feels they need advice about clothing, if your blessed enough to live next to a college that teaches fashion, go to at least one class about that. If not the Internet and Google can be your instructor. 


The message I always try to pass along to older gals that think that all these trends are only for teens and twenty somethings, they're not. You could wear them too. So go look through Nylon magazine and stretch that target market age group. 


Don't forget to be your best and look your best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment